Tuesday, June 16, 2009

True promotion comes from God

Psalm 31:14-15a
But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand.

Psalm 75:6-7
For exaltation comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south. But God is the Judge; He puts down one, and exalts another.

In life we are always tempted to elevate ourselves or lift ourselves up before others.... however all these type of self-exaltation and self promotion can't be compared with the true promotion that comes from God... Everything in life is a blessing from God... we must always remember that we can always trust the Lord and not ourselves... Self-promotion only ends up in defeat... But if we can wait for the true promotion that comes from God... that is really the real deal...


Daniel 4:28-29
All this came upon King Nebuchadnezzar. At the end of the twelve months he was walking about the royal palace of Babylon. The king spoke, saying, "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighy power and for the honor of my majesty?"

Daniel 4:33
That very hour the word was fulfilled concerning Nebuchadnezzar; he was driven from men and ate grass like oxen; his body was wet with the dew of heaven till his hair had grown like eagles feathers and his nails like birds' claw.

Daniel 4:37
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar prasie and extol and honor the king of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down.

In life... we must be careful how we conduct ourselves.... we must always give thanks to God... Creator of all things who has richly blessed us... we must never think that what we achieve in life is apart from God... cos this wld constitute pride and He puts down those who walk in pride... To walk in humility... we must walk in the fear of God... and try our best to live before Him and wait for His timing and exaltation....

Daniel 4:34
And at the end of time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed th eMost High and praised and honored Him who lives forever: for His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation.

Daniel 4:36
At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my honor and splendor returned to me. My counselors and nobles resorted to me, I was restored to my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added to me.

Just want to encourage you to depend on GOd... and believe in Him for HIs timing... do not go the path of self-promotion or self-exaltation... for that wld not bring in the glory of God... wait on Him and trust in HIm... Humble yourself in the sight of God and in due season He may exalt you... cheers

No comments: