Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shepherd King, Servant and friend

Psalm 23:1-2
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.

Bible says that as christians it is possible to be so close to God and His Word that we can be contended with life in every situation.... God wants us to trust Him

1Tim 6:6
Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

Godliness is our closeness to God.... we as christians can actually exercise ourselves unto godliness... takes discipline to study the Bible yet it is also a joy and delight... as we hunger and seek after God... He begins to let us taste and see that God is good....

Hebrew 13:5
Let your conduct be without covertousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself have said, "I will never leave you not forsake you. " So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Psalm 23:3-4
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name sake. Yea, though I walk through valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Our soul usually goes through turmoil and confusion in a trial.... Good new is God always restores our soul... He does it through the Word..sometimes through solitude.... sometimes by a good night sleep... He loves to restore our soul to heal us our emotion and confusion... when you are going through a trial.. take a promise of God and meditate it.....it will bring healing to your soul... As a Shepherd, God promises to lead us in His path.... we have constant leadership for our lives from Him.... there will be times we go through valley... valley so deep it seems like a bottomless pit... yet in this times... God is still with us... He is the friend who sticks closer then a brother..... whatever situation you are in... maybe it looks like a dead end...yet God is reminding you to walk it through... for you will come out the other side and God will lift you you and vindicate you.... hallelujah!

Psalm 23:5-6
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

God wants to encourage you today.... that in the presence of your trial... in the presence of your enemy...... that GOd has anointed your head with oil... and has given you a spirit of wisdom and sound mind that in every situation there is peace and protection.... and in the end... His goodness and His mercy will follow you all the days of your life.... stick close to Him.. He is your Shepherd King, servant and friend... comforter... healer... Lord and Master....

No comments: