Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do not worry

Matthew 6:26-30
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' For these things the Gentiles seek. For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and HIs righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

God is a good God...... He took care of the birds and cloth the grass.... we need to remember as believers our value in life is our value in the eyes of God..... Dr A.R Bernard said : " our greatest value in life is our value in God's eyes". Maybe in life sometimes people demean us.. .make us feel bad and cause us to lose value in our eyes and in people's eyes... nevertheless... the fact remains...... God loves us.... How He loves us...... Worrying is a sign that we forget how much we mean to God... when we worry... we need to remind ourselves our value in His eyes..... Juz how much does God love us? John 3:16 For GOd so love the world that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in HIm shall not perish but have everalsting life... His love for us send His son to die a horrible death for us.... that we might be justified and declared righteous in His eyes..... We are His masterpiece.... His poetry.... His very special possession.. people may have demean you... hurt you... but it doesnt matter... it doesnt change God's love for you..... As believers we are so favored by our Father... not by what we do... but by what Jesus did... doesnt mean we can go ahead and sin all we want, but it means the blessing of GOd flows through our life because of Jesus..... when we wake up in the morning... we can declare: I am the righteousness of GOd in Christ... I am redeemed... I am blessed... God is for me not against me... God loves me.... who can be against me...... When trial comes... we can say: though i walk thru valley of shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for your rod and staff are with me and they comfort me.... When people dont value you, you can say God values me.... I dont have to please people... I please God..... I live to please Him... I love people but I don't fear them...... Romans 8 says you have not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out "Abba Father!".

2Cor 5:21
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

No comments: