Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Life valuable gift :"friends"

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.

Anxiety comes when things happen in our lifes that we can't control... the key to anxiety is actually a good word...

Psalms 55:4-6
My heart is severely pained withinin me, and the terrors of death have fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me. So I said, " Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed, I would wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

Vs 12-13
For it is not an enemy who reproaches me; then I could bear it. Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me then I would hide from him. But it was you, a man of my equal, my acomapnion and acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked to the house of God in the throng.

David had few good friends and many mighty men with him. His most loyal friend was Jonathan who stood by him till death... He had one other friend who turn against him in difficult time, Ahithophel. David was in depression... He cried out to God...to find peace n rest...

In such adverse circumstances, of having close friends switching loyalites... we must rehearse some Word of God to encourage ourselves.

Proverbs 12:26
The righteous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Proverbs 15:16-17
Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure with trouble. Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a fatted calf with hatred.

Proverbs 16:8
Better is alittle with righteousness, than vast revenues without justice.

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

God would always stick thru by you in any situation. If you wan to have friends like Jonathan, you must be a Jonathan to someone else.

Proverbs 18:24
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Learn to be there for others at their lowest and you would win a friend... you need not compromise wat you believe in... being there is so impt. Dun be a heartless truth teller in the midst of people's crisis.

1Samuel 19:1,4
Now Saul spoke to Jonathan his son and to all his servants, that they should kill David; but Jonathan, Saul's son, delighted greatly in David.
Thus Jonathan spoke well of David to Saul his father, and said to him, "Let not the king sin against his servant, against David, because he has not sinned against you, and because his works have been very good toward you.

1Samuel 19:16-17
Then Jonathan, Saul's son, arose and went to David in the woods and strengthened his hand in God. And he said to him, "Do not fear, for the hand of Saul my father shall not find you. You shall be king over Israel, and I shall be next to you. Even my father Saul knows that."

2Samuel 1:26
I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; You have been very pleasant to me; Your love to me was wonderful, surpassing the love of women.

No comments: