Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One thing

Psalm 27:4-8 One thing I have desired of the Lord that will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifeted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, " Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek."

David had a secret desire......the one thing he really wanted was to dwell in God's house with God's presence..... In the presence of God, David loved to sing praises to God... He loved to seek the face of God for counsel and direction...... His supreme motivation in life is to be close to His God.... In that presense God will strengthen him.... Many times we often fall prey to many many things to do that we forget the one thing that is more impt than all these things...... In the story of Jesus with Mary and Martha, Martha was so busy trying to serve Jesus, focus on doing rather then Mary who focused on being with Jesus........ so many times in our lifes as christians would we be always facing this challenge..... to serve the activities around us or to spend time with Jesus? Usually its always a fine thin line.... However God doesnt condemn us when we fall short, He usually draws us with His loving kindness as it is written, with lovingkindness have I drawn you.... Is it true that Mary was not productive as a christian? not at all, Mary was entrusted to take care of Jesus mother when Jesus died on the cross, which meant that she did the right things at the right time......... Derek Prince once said too often we plan so much activities and pray for God to bless them rather then wait on the Lord for His activities and do the right things at the right time... that was so profound..... God promise in His Word that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us....

Psalms 32 :8-9 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you.

No comments: