Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Repentance and forgiveness

Psalm 32:5
I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

When we sin against God, God still loves us and accepts us but He does require us to ask Him to forgive us and confess our sins.... repentance requires us to admit to our wrongdoing before God and say we are sorry and ask for forgiveness.... as we do that God's cleansing and forgiveness will come upon us... and we would have power to overcome that sin...

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We are righteous before God becos of what Jesus did, however that does not excuse us to confess our sins when we commit them... God knows that we reap wat we sow... and a refusal to confess and admit wrong doing before God would lead us to harden our hearts... however God does want us to walk in confidence after we confess our sins... God expect us to receive His mercy and forgiveness and move on feeling righteous and not condemn... God knows the true state of affairs and is willing to forgive and help you do better in that area you are struggling...

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

No comments: