Friday, November 28, 2008

Jesus broke the power to sin

Romans 6:6
knowing this, that our old man was crucified with HIm, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

When Jesus died on the cross, He took our body of sin and broke the power of sin over the believers life. Thats why I witness new born convert losing desire to smoke or even losing desire to their old lifestyle... this is due to the newcreation nature that came upon the believer...

Romans 6:17
But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

Paul went on to say that when a person believes the gospel and get saved, the person is being delivered from the power of sin. The believer is no more a slave of sin... the believer has power over sin as Jesus has took the body of sin on the cross and crucify it.... the believer has now been delivered from being a slave of sin.... however a believer will still never be perfect, there will still be times the believer will sin against God and make mistakes... this is because we are died to sin but sin still is not dead in us and still tries to reign in our mortal body... this is where virtue comes in... virtus is not innocence but innocence tested... when we are able to resist temptations..
Paul admitted to his own personal struggles...

Romans 7:17-18
But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.

Romans 6:12
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey in its lusts.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

No comments: